November 3, 2015

Author Spotlight: Jen Frederick



I started reading Jen with her Woodlands series.  I was so enamored with her writing style.  I couldn't get enough!  Jen and Jessica Clare have the Hitman series together and these books are also fantastic reads.  Then just to put the icing on top, Jen is a football fan and has started a fun NA Gridiron Series that all sports fans will adore.  So much to love with her writing.  Give her a try!





My name is Jen Frederick and I live in Iowa with my husband, daughter, and very large dog. I really want a cat though. I keep telling my husband that I won’t be a real writer until I have a cat. I didn’t realize I wanted to be a fiction writer until a few years ago. At the encouragement of a few friends, I turned a NANO manuscript into a real book and I’ve been publishing ever since.
In my downtime, I love to read, craft, and cook. I used to sew for my daughter until she developed a taste for ready made garments. Now the sewing machine is stored away but someday I home to pull it out again.
The best part of writing is interacting with other readers. I love to share what I’m reading and I love to hear what has moved you. Don’t hesitate to contact me at any time!

Woodlands Series 



Release Date: May 1, 2013

For four years, Grace Sullivan wrote to a Marine she never met, and fell in love. But when his deployment ended, so did the letters. Ever since that day, Grace has been coasting, academically and emotionally. The one thing she’s decided? No way is Noah Jackson — or any man — ever going to break her heart again.
Noah has always known exactly what he wants out of life. Success. Stability. Control. That’s why he joined the Marines and that’s why he’s fighting his way — literally — through college. Now that he’s got the rest of his life on track, he has one last conquest: Grace Sullivan. But since he  was the one who stopped writing, he knows that winning her back will be his biggest battle yet.
Buy Links: Amazon | BN | Smashwords | All Romance | Kobo | Apple

Once you are a fan of this series, jump forward in time and begin the Charlotte Chronicles.  
Release Date:Dec11,2014 
AMZN | Nook | iBooks | KOBO | Goodreads
This book is for the fans. After writing the epilogue to Unspoken, a romance between the son of the couple from Undeclared and the daughter of Unspoken arose from the pages. I wrote one scene for fun and then another and it became a free serial novel in my newsletter to give readers a glimpse into the future of two popular couples from my Woodlands series. Reader enthusiasm inspired me to expand the story, and Charlotte and Nate’s love took on a dramatic life of its own.

If you don’t know who Charlotte and Nathan are, you should read the free epilogue to Unspoken.
MY REVIEW

Hitman Series

Nikolai
I have been a contract killer since I was a boy. For years I savored the fear caused by my name, the trembling at the sight of my tattoos. The stars on my knees, the marks on my fingers, the dagger in my neck, all bespoke of danger. If you saw my eyes, it was the last vision you’d have. I have ever been the hunter, never the prey. With her, I am the mark and I am ready to lie down and let her capture me. Opening my small scarred heart to her brings out my enemies. I will carry out one last hit, but if they hurt her, I will bring the world down around their ears.
Daisy
I’ve been sheltered from the outside world all my life. Homeschooled and farm-raised, I’m so naive that my best friend calls me Pollyanna. I like to believe the best in people. Nikolai is part of this new life, and he’s terrifying to me. Not because his eyes are cold or my friend warns me away from him, but because he’s the only man that has ever seen the real me beneath the awkwardness. With him, my heart is at risk..and also, my life.
Note: This is a standalone novel with no cliffhanger. The next book in the series will feature an entirely different female and male protagonist.  Word count for the book checks in at slightly over 100,000 words.
Buy Links: Amazon | BN | Smashwords | All Romance | Kobo | iBooks

Gridiron Series

Sacked
What he wants he gets…
Knox Masters is a quarterback’s worst nightmare. Warrior. Champion. And…virgin. Knox knows what he wants–and he gets it. All American Football player? Check. NFL pros scouting him? Check. Now, he’s set his sight on two things. The national title. And Ellie Campbell. Sure, she’s the sister of his fellow teammate, but that’s not going to stop him. Especially not when he’s convinced Ellie is the one.
…but he’s never met her before.
But Ellie isn’t as sure. She’s trying to start a new life and she’s not interested in a relationship…with anyone. Beside it’s not just her cardinal rule of never dating her brother’s teammates that keeps her away, but Ellie has a dark secret that would jeopardize everything Knox is pursuing.
Knox has no intention of losing. Ellie has no intention of giving in.
* COMING SOON!  Book 2, Gridiron Series     Release Date: February 2016


Handsome and tough Jake Tanner, a veteran and the owner of a successful security firm, never lets his past hold him back. Despite his prosthetic hand and foot, women swoon over him—and with him between the sheets. Yet Jake feels bored and restless…until he’s hired to protect a beautiful writer whose life is in terrible danger.

Self-imprisoned by the fear of the anonymous stalkers who threaten her life, video-game writer Natalie Beck now only dreams of the world outside her pink-bedecked apartment. Trusting people again is off-limits. But the more time Jake spends with her, the more his professional commitment evolves from simple duty to scorching desire. While deeply sensual sparks ignite between the two, the danger outside circles closer. Will Jake’s intense devotion be enough to save Natalie? Or will she turn away from the one man willing to do anything to save her?

MY REVIEW           AMAZON BUY LINK





No comments:

Post a Comment