June 13, 2016

Release Blast and Review: Sacred Hart



Cover Design: Francesca Webster
Release Date: June 13, 2016


Sleep, it was luxury I didn’t have.

I could hear it then, in the dark light of night, in the dusky morning…

The click of the trigger, the smell of her blood, the sound of the rain.

I never thought I would see her again.

She was a ghost.

She was dead.

When Maggie Wright pushed her way into my life, she brought the phantom with her, and I was helpless to her pull.

Everything I had, all of it, had been taken from me ten years ago. I had nothing but the shirt on my back, the memories that still burned through my veins, and the regret I drowned in every day.

I am Ryan Hartford...and I have nothing left to lose.

Goodreads
Purchase Links









Sometimes, you just need to read one of those books that you know is going to pull at  your heartstrings.  You prepare, because you know that everything about it will wreck you for the rest of the day.  Sacred Hart is guaranteed to bring out all the feels for you. 

This is a new to me author, but I really enjoyed her alternating POV writing style.  We learn a lot about Ryan Hartford through his flashbacks.  Life has not been kind to this man,  yet somehow, he is determined to try to carry on.  

Meeting Maggie is not something he planned for but the combination of all her baggage and his ongoing pain, seems to be the perfect match to their puzzle pieces.  They become friends first.  It isn't until Ryan trusts again, and he unloads his burdens, that they can move forward with their relationship. 

I am a sucker for single parent stories, and this one gets a high five for "Honey Bee".  The secondary characters were also very well thought out and brought meaning to the story.  If I had a complaint at all, it would be the amount of crying that happens in the book.  Granted, this is heavy material at times. However, it seemed like Maggie or Ryan were shedding tears, sad or happy, in every chapter. I would have like to see words or thoughts about their emotions instead of always the physical response. 

Overall, I enjoyed reading the story.  It will remind readers to not give up.  Even in the worst of times, there is always hope. It's when we loose sight of the hope that we will lose ourselves. 

*ARC recieved for an honest review. 
Giveaway

Signed paperback of Sacred Hart by A.M. Johnson & a $10 Amazon Gift Card







A.M. Johnson lives in Utah with her family where she works as a full-time nurse. If she’s not busy with her three munchkins, you’ll find her buried in a book or behind the keyboard. She loves romance and all things passionate. Amanda enjoys exploring all genres and bringing life to the human experience.

Connect with A.M.
Facebook Author Page: http://bit.ly/1YCV5lc
Facebook Group: http://bit.ly/1TZxcjM
Goodreads Author Page: http://bit.ly/1Tg0mkC
Amazon Author Page: http://amzn.to/1MdKwUI


No comments:

Post a Comment