November 3, 2015

Review: Revealed to Him



Title: Revealed to Him, Kerr Chronicles #3
Author: Jen Frederick
Published: November 3, 2015, Montlake Romance
Genre: Contemporary




Handsome and tough Jake Tanner, a veteran and the owner of a successful security firm, never lets his past hold him back. Despite his prosthetic hand and foot, women swoon over him—and with him between the sheets. Yet Jake feels bored and restless…until he’s hired to protect a beautiful writer whose life is in terrible danger.

Self-imprisoned by the fear of the anonymous stalkers who threaten her life, video-game writer Natalie Beck now only dreams of the world outside her pink-bedecked apartment. Trusting people again is off-limits. But the more time Jake spends with her, the more his professional commitment evolves from simple duty to scorching desire. While deeply sensual sparks ignite between the two, the danger outside circles closer. Will Jake’s intense devotion be enough to save Natalie? Or will she turn away from the one man willing to do anything to save her?



I have read many books by Jen Frederick but not her Kerr Chronicles series. This book is a spin off characters from that series. I really liked it! 

Both lead characters were so well thought out, I really had all the feels for both of them. Jake is a veteran amputee who runs a security business. Despite his success, he still has demons and trust issues to conquer. Natalie for all appearances, is a recluse. She is able to work from home on her books, but fears even opening her door to anyone but her brother, best friend and her psychiatrist. 

I liked the slow build of this relationship. Both characters have tremendous trust issues. I appreciate the author giving us a glimpse into how debilitating agoraphobia can be. Jake really is the bigger person here. I don’t know how many guys, no matter how intrigued they were, would have had the patience he did with Natalie. Of course, his strength and belief is her is ultimately what draws her out. 

Be prepared, this is romantic suspense. There is a big twist! I enjoyed the secondary characters as well and will most likely pick up the series from the beginning and visit them all. 

*ARC received via Netgalley for an honest review.




My name is Jen Frederick and I live in Iowa with my husband, daughter, and very large dog. I really want a cat though. I keep telling my husband that I won’t be a real writer until I have a cat. I didn’t realize I wanted to be a fiction writer until a few years ago. At the encouragement of a few friends, I turned a NANO manuscript into a real book and I’ve been publishing ever since.
In my downtime, I love to read, craft, and cook. I used to sew for my daughter until she developed a taste for ready made garments. Now the sewing machine is stored away but someday I home to pull it out again.
The best part of writing is interacting with other readers. I love to share what I’m reading and I love to hear what has moved you. Don’t hesitate to contact me at any time!

No comments:

Post a Comment