November 5, 2015

Author Spotlight: Susan Fanetti


21 books and I have read them all!  It started with a recommendation from another author about a great MC series she was reading.  I got sucked into Signal Bend and have not yet recovered from the amazing writing this author puts forth.  If the MC world does not do it for you, check out her contemporary series: The Pagano Family.  



Susan Fanetti:  I have an independent author blog and FB page. Here are my author pages at AmazonGoodreads, andSmashwords.
As for personal information, I offer this: I’m a Midwestern native transplanted to California, where I live with my husband, youngest son, and our three cats.
My fanfic penname at FanFiction and AO3 is laughingwarrior, though I’ve pulled my fanfic from those sites. All my fanfic is in the Sons of Anarchy fandom, and it’s all erotic biker romance. Sex and action. I like things messy. You can find it here.
Having done rather a lot of research on MCs and the club life–research far beyond the limits of the SOA ‘verse–and being rather partial to hot, rough men in ink and leather, a lot of my original work remains focused on MC romance, but now I’m writing entirely in a world of my own imagination. My first MC series, the Signal Bend Series, is complete. A second Night Horde series, The Night Horde SoCal, is also complete.
I’ve also now tried my hand at more traditional contemporary romance (with a bit of an Italian ‘family’ story), with The Pagano Family Series. I’ve got a yen to try other genres as well at some point.
I write for the joy of it. I write stories that I want to read, and I’m not interested in rules and formulae. I follow my muse and my characters and let them take me where they want to go, wherever that might be. I like big emotions, dark and light.
I like complicated characters with flaws and weaknesses as well as strengths, and I like each character’s strengths and weaknesses to be different from those of other characters. I’m much more concerned that my characters be interesting and diverse than that they be widely considered to be likable. I try to create people, not types.
Likewise, I want my stories each to be distinct from the others. Once I’ve told a story, I don’t want to tell it again. So even within a series, one of my books might be very different from the next. Some might be quite dark, others equally mild.
That isn’t to say there aren’t trends and recurrences in my work. I’m drawn to certain themes and settings, and my muse has her favorite toys and tools. But I guard against those tendencies becoming a formula.


Signal Bend Series

Move the Sun   Behold the Stars Into the Storm Alone on Earth In Dark Woods All the Sky Show the FireLeave a Trail (Signal Bend,...

Book 1   Move the Sun

Lilli Accardo moves to the dying town of Signal Bend, Missouri, where the citizens have made a devil’s bargain to stay afloat. Lilli quickly garners the attention of the whole town, particularly Isaac Lunden, President of the Night Horde Motorcycle Club and de facto protector of the town and its citizens. When it turns out that Lilli is there under murky circumstances, Isaac decides to get close and try to figure out what she’s hiding. Their chemistry is instantaneous and electric, but each is a potential danger to the other. Action, sex, and drama ensue as Isaac and Lilli try to navigate the rocky terrain between trust and threat. Note: Explicit sex and violence. 

AMAZON   



Night Horde SoCal Series


Strength & Courage Shadow & Soul Today & Tomorrow Fire & Dark Dream & Dare Knife & Flesh Rest & TrustCalm & Storm (The Night Hor...


Book 1  Strength and Courage


The only constant is change.

The Night Horde SoCal is the new charter of the Night Horde MC, one that rose up from the ashes of a violent war with a drug cartel. The Horde’s outlaw days ended with that war.

Muse, like many of his SoCal brothers, was a member of an MC that was destroyed in that fight. A former Nomad enforcer, he’s struggled to be settled in a straight life. But Southern California is his home, his family is now Horde, and he has responsibilities. So he keeps his head down and does his best to take care of his family and responsibilities.

Sidonie has recently moved to Madrone, the town where the Night Horde SoCal has set up its base, to begin her job as a social worker for San Bernardino County. It’s work she feels a sense of mission to do.

Muse and Sid meet under stressful circumstances, on opposite sides of a dilemma. When Muse tries to bring her to his side, a fire catches between them.

As their feelings for each other deepen, the work of the SoCal charter becomes dangerous again. But the club isn’t the only potential danger for Sid. Her own work carries risk, too.

Muse needs to keep her safe. Sid needs to stand on her own. They won’t have a future together until they find the place where those needs merge and make them stronger.

Strength & Courage is the first book in the Night Horde SoCal series. Though this series, and thus its backstory, spins off from the Signal Bend Series, and though key characters from that series appear here, this focus is on the SoCal charter. If you haven’t been to Signal Bend yet, you won’t be lost in Madrone.

Note: explicit sex & violence.


Pagano Family Series

Footsteps Touch Rooted Deep

                                                              Book 1   Footsteps

Carlo Pagano Jr. is the eldest son of a large Italian-American family in Quiet Cove, Rhode Island. He’s a disappointment to his father but a hero to the young son he is raising alone, after his wife abandoned them. 

Sabina Alonzo-Auberon is a beautiful Argentine native married to one of the most powerful and wealthy men in New England. Though James Auberon is highly esteemed, the power and glamour the world sees hide a darker reality that exists within the walls of their home. Sabina is trapped in a life of control and abasement, living with a man too powerful and vengeful to escape. 

Sabina doesn’t wish to be rescued and whisked away on a white horse. She’s not looking for a fairy tale hero; she knows the fairy tale is a lie. She’s waiting for the chance to save herself. But she won’t turn down help if it comes. 

A fateful meeting with Carlo brings Sabina the chance to break free and make a life on her own terms. If any name demands respect and strikes fear more than Auberon, it’s Pagano. Carlo’s uncles head one of the most powerful ‘families’ in the Northeast, and they will offer their help—for a price. 

What begins as an offer of assistance deepens into an intense bond, but before Carlo and Sabina can be together, they must overcome the obstacles in their path. 

Together Carlo and Sabina seek true and honest love, and freedom from the demons of their pasts, but no quest was ever without its trials. 

Explicit sex. Some dark themes.  



GIVEAWAY


 Enter on my FB Page: Obsessive Reading Disorder




No comments:

Post a Comment