January 7, 2015

Review: Blood Assassin




Title:  Blood Assassin, book 2 in the Sentinels series
Author: Alexandra Ivy
Published: 12-30-14, Zebra Books
Genre: Paranormal, Suspense

4 Hearts



Blurb


They are the outcasts of humanity. Blessed with power. Cursed by fate. Driven by passion. The Sentinels have returned. . .

Out Of The Shadows
At six-foot-three and two-hundred-fifty pounds, Fane is a natural born guardian. A flawless mix of muscled perfection and steely precision, he has devoted years of his life to protecting a beautiful necromancer. But after she found love in the arms of another, Fane has been a warrior adrift. He swears allegiance only to the Sentinels. And no woman will ever rule his heart again. 

Into The Fire
Not only a powerful psychic, Serra is that rare telepath who can connect to minds through objects. When the daughter of a high-blood businessman is kidnapped, Serra agrees to help. But when she stumbles onto a conspiracy involving secrets sects and ancient relics, her life is in mortal danger--and Fane is her only hope. Is the warrior willing to risk his body, his soul, and his heart, for Serra? Or will one last betrayal destroy them both?



Review

I started reading Alexandra Ivy's Guardians of Eternity series and fell in love with her style and the characters she brought to life.  I have also read her Bayou Heat series with the Pantera shifters.  In the Sentinels series, we are introduced to humans with extra ordinary skills and the guardians who protect them.  I am always looking for a different twist on genres that I read a lot.  I am thrilled to say that this series is full of surprises!  Ivy not only pushes the limits on what is "normal" behavior in her world building, she does so while still making the reader feel connected to these paranormal beings.  

Blood Assassin is full of intrigue, murder, suspense and some steamy romance.  Fane is a moody hunk of tattooed sex on a stick.  Serra has pursued him for years and finally gives up only to have Fane come full circle and do some chasing of his own.  Serra is also a strong female lead in this story.  Her abilities cause her some stress but she is willing to get some support from Fane.  When they finally do come together the combustion is off the charts!

It was nice to  catch up on some of the other characters from the first book and novella.  Can't wait to see who we will get to know in the next book.  Put this series on your TBR.  This could be a stand alone but why not get all the back story and read the other two books?  




About this Author



I'm not exactly sure when I fell in love with books. Probably on my mother's knee listening to her read Dr. Seuss to me. I do remember that I was barely old enough to cross the street by myself when I discovered the delights of the local library. Could anything be more wonderful than spending summer days surrounded by stacks of Nancy Drew mysteries? Over the years I fell in love with Victoria Holt, Jane Austen, Agatha Christie, and J.R.R. Tolkien just to name a few. I read poetry, essays, biographies, and plays. In fact, I read anything I could get my hands on.

Years later (no, I'm not admitting how many) I'm still an avid reader, and my tastes are still as varied as they were in my youth, which I suppose helps to explain why I enjoy writing regency historicals under the name of Deborah Raleigh, as well as my contemporary paranormals as Alexandra Ivy. For now that is enough to keep me busy, but who knows what the future might hold!

I do have a few other loves in my life besides reading and writing, the most important being my unbelievably patient husband, David, and my two sons, Chance and Alexander. Without their constant support and belief in me, I never could have been able to follow my dreams. They are truly my heroes.

Follow Alexandra:
website

twitter username

No comments:

Post a Comment