February 18, 2016

Review: Jockblocked


Title:  JockBlocked, Gridiron 2
Author: Jen Frederick
Release:  February 11, 2016, Tree LLC
Genre: Sports Romance

She’s always played it safe…

College junior Lucy Washington abides by one rule—avoid risk at all costs. She’s cautious in every aspect of her life, from her health, to her mock trial team, to the boring guys she dates. When a brash, gorgeous jock walks into the campus coffeeshop and turns his flirt on, Lucy is stunned by the force of attraction. For the first time ever, she’s willing to step out of her comfort zone, but can she really trust the guy who’s determined to sweep her off her feet?

He’s always played around…

Entering his last year of college eligibility, linebacker Matthew "Matty" Iverson has the team captaincy in his sights. And it’s his for the taking, if he can convince his quarterback Ace Anderson to give up the starting position. Luckily, Matty already has an edge—the hottie he’s lusting over just happens to be Ace’s childhood best friend. Getting Lucy on his side and in his bed? Hell yeah. Matty is more than confident he can have both, but when he falls hard for Lucy, it’s time for a new game plan: convince the woman of his dreams that she’s not sleeping with the enemy.
 


Buy Links:
  1. Nook - http://bit.ly/20N2VL0
  2. Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Jockblocked-Novel-Gridiron-Book-2-ebook/dp/B01BLYBHG4
  3. Kobo - http://bit.ly/1X5tA3m
  4. Google Play - http://bit.ly/1Ks2MbI
  5. iBooks - http://apple.co/1NRYncW







One of my favorite things about Jen Frederick is that the woman writes what she knows.  There is such a difference in reading a sports romance where the author actually understands and utilizes the elements of the sport into the story, from one that just has romance set around a sports theme.  If you like football, you will truly like how it is represented in this series.  ESPN’s got nothing on Jen Frederick!

Matty Iverson was a favorite of mine from book 1 in the series.  This is his chance to find his HEA.  He doesn’t think he is looking for one and honestly, Lucy wasn’t looking either.  I liked that they start out as flirty friends before becoming more.  The story is based in college and there are some fun typical college elements in the book.  Matty comes across a bit more mature than Lucy.  She is very overly cautious and I found her frustrating at times.  In the end, they both champion each other making all the hardships moot.

Enjoyed seeing all the teammates again.  Hoping Hammer is coming up soon.  He’s a good guy and needs an HEA.  Great sports romance! 



ARC provided for an honest review.





My name is Jen Frederick and I live in Iowa with my husband, daughter, and very large dog. I really want a cat though. I keep telling my husband that I won’t be a real writer until I have a cat. I didn’t realize I wanted to be a fiction writer until a few years ago. At the encouragement of a few friends, I turned a NANO manuscript into a real book and I’ve been publishing ever since.
In my downtime, I love to read, craft, and cook. I used to sew for my daughter until she developed a taste for ready made garments. Now the sewing machine is stored away but someday I home to pull it out again.
The best part of writing is interacting with other readers. I love to share what I’m reading and I love to hear what has moved you. Don’t hesitate to contact me at any time!

No comments:

Post a Comment