December 30, 2018

Best Of.....2018 Part 1


It's that time of year. Time to look back on all the great stories I read in 2018. I can never narrow it down without feeling like I have missed someone.  That said, I read a LOT of books.  Picking the top 20 is only 5% of what I have read over the course of a year. I'm breaking the list up into two posts...well maybe three.   To make the list, the book had to have been rated 5 Hearts or higher. So in no particular order, my favorites reads of 2018.......



Red Rooster by Lauren Gilley

This is the second book in Lauren Gilley's paranormal saga. You will need to read the books in order but you will not be disappointed in the story! Lots of action. Great new characters introduced. I mean, Rob, Tuck, Scarlett..... did not see that coming! As always, this author paints a picture with her words that lets you become so immersed in the story, you loose track of time. Great paranormal series with a ton of historical references.
AMAZON

==================================================================
Vampire's Faith (Dark Protector's #8) by Rebecca Zanetti
37703013
Oh my goodness. I was totally fine with the series ending the way it did. I didn't know I needed more of the Karys family. But WOW!! Way to bring the whole Realm back on line! Great twist to what we already know of this world. Sometimes follow up books don't do as well as authors would like but Vampire's Faith made the whole series fresh again.
AMAZON




==================================================================
              King's Wrath and King's Reign by Nina Levine
24655413

32988931I read a lot of books. I love to get lost in the story and swept away for the few hours that the book holds me captive. I am a fan of this author and a huge fan of both Storm series. And maybe that's where this emotion is coming from over this book. We have seen King in the background of all the stories. He is a ruthless Pres that most of his men are a bit wary of. But this story. This is the true, uncut, humanizing of the man that is King. I was not prepared for his story. His story is a two parter so grab them both. Definitely read the Sydney Series at least before grabbing this one. Take some time because there is a lot to unravel in the enigma that is King. Fantastic story!


AMAZON

==================================================================

Bishop (Arizona Vengeance #1) by Sawyer Bennett38348931

I loved it! Great start to a new hockey series by this author. A hot one-night-stand that turns into a fake relationship that turns into LOVE! What's not to like about that. Bishop and Brooke are great together. We meet quite a few of the teammates as well and they all look interesting. Can't wait to see their HEA as the series progresses. Great hockey. Great steamy romance. Loved Bishop the best --perfect book boyfriend material!
AMAZON



==================================================================


40024691Ghostgirl by JB Salsbury

I am still a bit speechless on this one. The twists and turns and tangled web will leave you breathless. the author brings a unique story to life with interesting characters. Mercy has so many layers to her, the book has ended and I feel like I still have more to discover. Milo and Mercy's story continues in the second book to the series.

AMAZON


==================================================================
Simple Faith  (Pagano Brothers #1) by Susan Fanetti

40542285Having read the Pagano Family series by this author, I knew I was going to love the spin off to the other side of the pews. This series will focus on the mafia side of the family.  Even better, this book focuses on Trey, a beloved member of the family and a character we first met as a little boy.  He's all grown up now and ready for his HEA.  Great look at the workings of the mafia. Great seeing Trey fight to find his place in the world.  Looking forward to reading more. 




==================================================================
Cinq a Sept by MJ Fields

43364477
MJ Fields has written some of my favorite book boyfriends. The top of that list is pretty crowded with her characters. Well, move over boys, Bass is about to bust up stranglehold! What a perfect mix of confidence, intelligence, humor and s3x appeal! Bass oozes all that alpha maleness that will make you swoon and need a tall cool drink just to get through this book. And just like our heroine, Angela, you will forget that man is only 25 years old. The story is enriched with wonderful secondary characters, beautiful locations, and strong, capable women. Some twists and turns and angst to get to the end, but ultimately a feel good story. Loved it all!


==================================================================
The Truth About Lies (The Truth Duet) by Aly Martinez

4143216041828730

I love this author, so honestly, I would have read this book regardless of what the story turned out to be. By about 20% in to this one, I thought.....ehhh...I know how this is going to go....I'll just finish it out to say that I have read it. Not my favorite, but whatever. Still love the author. By 50% in I was so incredible wrong about my guess, it was embarrassing but also so exciting. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. I have never been so happy to be wrong in my life! Twists, turns, action, heartbreak and some sweet romance, and a great sense of humor sprinkled in. You don't know what you think you know, that is for sure. Fantastic, simply because it surprised me and kept me riveted until the very end. Unique story. The writing is phenominal. The characters are interesting. The suspense keeps the reader moving through the pages.


==================================================================

41137281
Black Out (Crossbreed #5) by Dannika Dark


This is the 5th book in the series and honestly may be one of my favorite! You do need to read them in order as the story line continues book to book. Once you know that, sit back and enjoy. The author brings to life an interesting set of characters that leave you wanting more on each one. Still lots of action and violence. The tit for tat among the team also makes for some lighter moments in the story. Loved the interactions with Raven and Christian alone! So perfect for each other, if they could just get past all the emotional barriers. The ending may throw a wrench in those plans. It's a bit of a cliffy so plan ahead. Great read!


==================================================================
Guardian's Bond  by Rhenna Morgan
36435287
Love this author so much! Great world building! Loved the premise and the mythology behind the characters. I have read many paranormal books and I loved the twist this author gives us on the shifter world. Priest is the guardian of the clans.  Super hot alpha male who happens to be a tattoo artist for his day job. When the scent of his true mate hits, he becomes almost frenzied.  Lots of world building, action and of course steamy romance. Can't wait to read more about this clan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment