May 4, 2016

Book Tour and Review: How to Tame Beasts and Other Wild Things



An artsy young woman, given the impossible task by her estranged father to score her widowed brother-in-law a wife, instead finds love, self-discovery and redemption. 

My name is Matilda Pearl. My life is a non-stop riddle I hope to one day solve. 
I’ve learned to protect my heart; fate has dealt me more than a few shit cards in my twenty-two years. Invisibility tops my list, not to mention tragedy. 
I was yanked out of a Paris-France life by my ass of a father, and thrown into a one year journey on a farm in Wisconsin. I’ve been assigned the impossible: Wife Catcher.   Simply put, until I replace myself I’m Mary Poppins, the beast tamer, ringmaster of the unruly, complete with twin toddlers and a beast of a man. Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to my three-ring circus.
The Beast – Balthazar Cox – is repulsive…as in that sexy, I-just-died-and-went-toheaven sort of repulsive. He walks the earth like he owns it, with his tatted trunk of a body and chiseled-rough, blazing good looks. The beastly Brit – did I mention that he’s English? – also happens to be my widowed brother-in-law, a man haunted by betrayal and abandonment, and for whom I’m on task to find a wife. If I succeed I’ll be rewarded with my juicy trust fund. And, yes, it will happen. You can keep your diamonds and designer clothes…. With my bag of loot, I plan on becoming the Patron Saint of Lost and Found Animals.
When the past resurfaces more than once for both of us, all hell breaks loose.  Can you be lost and found at once? In other words, sometimes lies can be cathartic.  Some people heal us; some of us heal others. 
This is mostly a love story, an unlikely sexy romance with whiplash twists, boundaries that shouldn’t be crossed, and multiple risks of losing everything.  It may have more heartache, and drama than some but in the end it’s about truth, discovery and forgiveness. Maybe it was wrong to fall for him. Or maybe the hole in his heart was always waiting for me to fill it. Now there’s a riddle for you.

Buy Links:






4 hearts

This is a new to me author but very happy to have been allowed to read this fun story!  The title is a long one, however, it begins your first clue that the book is not going to be a typical read.  

The premise is fantastical--sister-in-law of recently widowed Balthazar is requested to move to his remote midwest farm and find a nanny/wife for him in order to get her trust money from her domineering father.  Matilda is a dreamer, a crafter and a serious animal lover.  She fights her attraction to The Beast, Balthazar, as long as she can.  It just doesn't seem right, right? Ultimately, we can't help who we fall in love with.  It just takes some of us longer to figure out the person best fitting the hole in our heart is right in front of us. 

The two leads argue and battle and steam up the sheets.  There are animals all over the place, twin hellions running around, and nosy friends giving their opinion whether wanted or not.  Everyone needs taming, including Matilda's wildly beating heart.  

This was a light, humorous read!  I loved the setting, being a midwest girl myself.  The relationship build was slow and not insta love.  They had some things to work out first.  And the main characters are well flushed out giving the reader some nice surprises as the story develops. Good job!

*ARC received for an honest review.





I’m a mother of four sons, a country dweller, a foodie, an animal and nature lover and an entrepreneur. I started my first company when I was twenty-three with my husband and partner, the lovely man I am still married to and work with twenty-four years later. Together we’ve always created. I’ve written several books in other genres under a different name. My first novel is A Mess of Reason.  My second book, How To Tame Beasts And Other Wild Things, is out now!
Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment